Application for accommodation

In order to apply for accommodation, you require an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessment. A member of your local ACAT – usually a doctor, nurse, social worker or other health care professional – will make a time to come to your home (or the hospital, if you’re currently in hospital) and talk to you about how well you’re managing in your day-to-day life. You may like to ask a family member, friend or carer to be with you during the assessment for extra support. (www.myagedcare.gov.au)

You can obtain information about which ACAT is closest to you by calling 1800 200 422. Alternatively, your own doctor can refer you to the local ACAT.

For more information you can read My Aged Care – 5 steps to entry into an aged care home or go to myagedcare.gov.au